Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Living with Confidence in a Chaotic World by Dr. Jeremiah

Living With Confidence In A Chaotic World by Dr. David Jeremiah is the sequel to his previous book, What in the World Is Going On, which I must say I haven’t read. I do think the information in this book can stand on it’s own, however. The author outlines ten ways to stay focused on biblical truth even when the world is falling apart around us. These include staying calm, staying connected, and staying committed, just to name a few. In light of the state of the world today, I think this is an important book for Christians. It would also be a good discussion starter with non-Christians who express fear and anxiety about current events, and could open the door to meaningful witnessing about the peace that comes with knowing Christ. I like the true life examples and stories about people who are trusting in Jesus and His sovereignty to get them through their hardest times. I am no expert on end time prophecy, and therefore can’t say everything the author discusses is right-on biblically, but I can say this book offers a lot of reassurance that those who put all their trust in Christ are indeed on the “winning team”. I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an unbiased review.