Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Mystically Wired by Ken Wilson

I had a very hard time getting into this book. I was expecting something very profound that could be used to take ones prayer life to new levels. However, the first part of the book was very dry and focused too much on “praying brain research” for my taste. However, if you are interested in how thinking/praying effects brain function, it might be worth your time to read. Toward the end of the book there are some practical applications that I found helpful as far as approaching prayer, such as the use of prayer aids and the concept of praying at intervals. I think much of this information could be successfully used to get out of a prayer rut, or, as the author says, explore new realms of prayer. A lot of boring reading to get through for a little bit of insight. Just not my kind of book. I received this copy from Thomas Nelson in exchange for an impartial review.