Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Jesus Series Read and Share Bible DVD, Life and Miracles

This DVD did not hold my almost five year old son’s attention for very long. He started out very intent on watching it, but I think the stories jumped around way too much and ended up being confusing for him. The 30 minute time frame is too short to try and touch on Jesus’ life and miracles. I felt like too many stories were being told way too quickly. If the whole thirty minutes had focused on one or two miracles or specific topics, it would have been easier to follow. I found myself repeatedly having to explain to my son what was going on and why. The animation is good though, and I could see it being more entertaining for an older child who has more background knowledge of these stories and perhaps wouldn’t get confused by the lack of details presented. Overall a good DVD with a great message that would benefit from a more focused approach. I received this DVD, in exchange for a fair and honest review, from Thomas Nelson’s BookSneeze program.