Monday, October 25, 2010

I Lift Up My Soul: Devotions to Start Your Day with God by Charles Stanley

A compilation of readings from Charles Stanley’s multitude of works. As a daily devotional, it’s laid out with a one page devotion for each day of the year, and includes a key verse and scripture passage as well. These Bible centered reflections are a positive and uplifting way to begin the day. As each passage is short and takes little time to read, this devotional would also be an asset to any busy schedule and could be pulled out and read anytime of day. In fact, the only fault I could find with this particular book is that if you are looking for a devotional with very “meaty” daily readings, this might disappoint. I would recommend this as a good devotional for everyday use and as a guide to other works by Charles Stanley that could elaborate on each of the daily topics. I received this book from the publisher in exchange for an unbiased review.